Kardiel Eames Style Plywood Lounge Chair & Ottoman, White Aniline/Ash/Silver Base
The original Eames lounge chair and ottoman was introduced by Charles and Ray (Kaiser) Eames in 1956. A numeric name was assigned to the piece, that being the 670 for the lounge and the 671 for the ottoman. The seat cushions are contoured, the pitch is a 15% recline and the high back provides for comfortable seating. The lounge chair set enjoyed its first wide scale public appearance that same year on the TV set of the Arlene Francis' "Home Show" that later became known as the "Today Show" that is in broadcast to this day. There have been numerous TV and movie appearances for the chair since. It appeared in Chandler and Joey's apartment in the first airing of Friends. In 2010, it appeared in Iron Man in Tony Stark's apartment. In 2011, the chair was seen in the Cream White Aniline Leather on the Hampton based TV show Royal Pains and the 2011 big screen hit Tron. The Eames Lounge Chair appeals to people for a variety of reasons. It is a classic design that has been in production continuously since its inception. In addition to the style, it is also very comfortable, a combination not always found in high design furniture pieces. Kardiel's signature reproduction of the original Eames Lounge Chair comes complete with all the features. From the Top Grain Aniline Leather and die cast aluminum base to the Kiln Dried Polyurethane real Plywood shell, no detail has been overlooked. You can own your very own version of the original Miller made by hand using the highest quality materials in a variety of finishes. The price and features of this exacting reproduction are second to none.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #541037 in Home
- Color: White
- Brand: Kardiel
- Dimensions: 102.30 pounds
- 100% Top Grain Aniline Leather (not just 100% Italian leather); 100% Top Grain Aniline piping and buttons.
- Chair and Ottoman feature the European "Vitra Style" 5 star base and back supports in polished aluminum; Silver Aluminum Cast base and back braces with high polished bright aluminum trim; Built in Swivel mechanism with threaded glides for long lasting level seating; 15 degree perma-tilt base; Adjustable stainless steel guides with protector foot-caps.
- 6 inches thick urethane foam CA-117 compliant cushions; Individually upholstered and replaceable cushions; True to the original, thinner profile dense cushion arm rests.
- Wooden shell features 7 ply's of cross grain engineered wood; Shell is Kiln dry stabilized to prevent warping or cracking; 4 coats of no wax UV cured scratch resistant polyurethane finish on the wooden shell.
- Chair Dimensions: height 34.6 inches at the highest point x depth 33.1 inches x width 35.4 inches; Ottoman Dimensions: height 16.5 inches x depth 21.7 inches x width 26.8 inches; Some assembly required.